Saturday, August 4, 2012

Alex, Valerie bonus scene!


100 Amazon reviews of Always Been Mine!!  Thank you all SO much! (Well 101 now) As promised here is the full bonus scene! Just so you get the full experience, here is the prior scene again from Forever Mine leading up to the bonus. FYI since the prior scene is actually in Forever Mine,  it's in Sarah's POV.



“I’ve scored, ass.” Romero turned to Sarah. "Speaking of me scoring, where’s Valerie?”

Sarah went stiff. She glanced at Alex; his face was unreadable. “Home.” 

“You should’ve brought her,” Romero said. 

When Sarah looked at Alex again, he was staring at Romero, but didn’t say a word. 

Eric laughed. “Scored? She shot you down on Friday, and she was drunk. She takes one look at your mug sober, she’s gonna freak that she even let you kiss her.”

Alex's eyebrows shot up. “You kissed her?” 

“She liked it,” Romero said, more to Eric than Alex.

“So, you went out with her?” Alex asked. 

Romero turned to look at Alex. “Nah, we hung out after the game. All of us did at the beach.”

“But you kissed her?” 

Sarah squirmed, wanting to disappear. Alex had that same tone he’d had on the phone with Valerie. The same unmistakable tone Angel would get when he was getting heated.

Romero made a face. “Yeah, so what? I can’t help it if the chicks dig me.” 

Alex rolled his eyes, and looked at Eric. “And she shot him down?” 

“Yeah.” Eric laughed.

Sarah nodded vigorously, and then stopped when she saw Romero was looking at her. The look on his face was almost comical. “She told you that?” 

“Well, no... I mean… I can’t tell you what she said. It’s girl talk.” She stood up quickly. “I’m starving.” 

“You got shot down.” Alex smiled. 

Sarah could see it was a forced smile. Angel stood up with Sarah and followed her to the buffet table. When they got back, Romero and Eric were arguing again about the Chargers and Alex was gone. Something told Sarah Valerie would be getting that call she’d been waiting for. 


***
     


Alex stalked through the restaurant feeling his muscles tense up with every step he took. Valerie kissed Romero? Or was it the other way around? He couldn’t even remember now. The irritation was already clouding his memory. It took everything in him not to reach across the table and wring Romero’s fucking neck after hearing his "chicks-dig-me" remark. 
 
He knew Valerie didn’t owe him any explanations— he wasn’t entitled to any answers but he wanted some, damn it. They’d just slept together that week and it had been incredible. Sure he hadn’t called her since but he’d been busy. He was going to eventually.
 
Alex didn’t know what pissed him off more, that she’d kissed another guy so soon after being with him or that it was Romero. Pushing the back door to the restaurant open he walked out and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He should really wait until he was a little calmer. At least until the visual of Romero’s lips on Valerie’s wasn’t still blazing in his brain. But he had to talk to her now.
 
He waited for her to answer, the anger building with every ring.

“Hello?”

“You kissed Romero?”

Silence.

“Just tell me this," Pacing, Alex tried desperately not to let on just how much he hated the thought of Valerie with anyone else. “Why? And why with one of my fucking friends? You could’ve at least warned me that this is what you do. Who’s next, Eric?”
 
“Go to hell, Alex! This is why you’re calling me now? Because you certainly didn’t care to do so once you got what you wanted.”

“No. You go to hell, Z!”

He clicked the phone ending the call before he spat out all the other things he wanted to say.

Running his fingers through his hair he fought the urge to fling his phone against the wall. This was crazy. What did he care anyway? She was just some chick he’d had some fun with. She was no different than all the others.
 
All the others? He thought about that for a moment and just like that he was back to being infuriated. No. This was bullshit! In the past few weeks since he’d been hooking up with Valerie there had been no others. Fuck her!
 
Knowing he was too worked up to go back into the restaurant he went for a drive instead. He couldn’t be gone too long. Angel would be mad if he had to hang around longer to cover for him. The only thing that calmed him was that it was said more than once, with Sarah backing it up—Valerie had shot Romero down.
 
By the time he got back he was much calmer. It surprised him a little that Valerie hadn’t called him back but then she did sound pretty pissed off herself. Not only that, he’d insulted her.
 
Beginning to feel like shit about what he’d said to her, especially knowing now that she was upset about him not calling her back after sleeping with her he decided maybe he should call her back. Gadamnit, why didn’t he go with his first instinct and hold off calling until he was calmer?
 
He dialed her again and waited. It rang so many times, for a moment he thought she might not answer. If she didn’t he wasn’t leaving a message. He sucked at that. But then she did.

“Hello?”

“I’m sorry.” Again with the damn silence. “I was pissed.” He hated to admit it but after what he’d said to her he owed her that much. “More than pissed. I’d never felt anything like that but I shouldn’t have said what I said.”
 
“I was hurt, Alex. I only considered doing anything with him for a moment but then decided I couldn’t."
 
And the heat was on again. Just the fact that she’d considered being with Romero burned him up. “With Romero? Really?”
 
“Only because you hadn’t called and I was certain I wouldn’t be hearing from you again. And if we’re being honest here if you hadn’t heard about this today would you have called me?”
 
She had a point. He continued to pace. “Maybe.”

Valerie laughed. “Oh, please.”

“I might’ve.” Even he couldn’t keep a straight face but suddenly he felt the need to see her again. He stopped in his tracks. “You busy tonight?”

“Nope.”

“I’ll pick you up at seven?”

Her lingering silence was really beginning to irritate him now.

“Okay.”

Alex exhaled and for the first time since he heard about the damn kiss he smiled big, then just like that he was serious again. He was getting one thing straight here. “Oh, and listen. I know you’re not my girlfriend but I don’t give a shit. I’m telling that little fucker to stay the hell away from you. Just so you know.”
 
She laughed again. “Say to him whatever you want. Just don’t hurt him. I was a willing participant.”

Alex groaned fisting his hand. “I don’t wanna hear about that, Z.”

After hanging up with her he headed to the restaurant to let Romero know if he valued his life he best keep his fucking hands and lips off Valerie.





51 comments:

  1. Holy Crap. He was jealous!!! Good for Valerie. She wasn't putting up with him not calling !! Now.... If only we knew what happened when he picked her up at seven!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED IT!!! Can't wait for more!!!

      Delete
  2. Typical Alex.... I love him & his alpha male ;) keep 'em comin' Eli <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was great!!!!!!! I be needing my moreno fine!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical Alex.... I love him & his alpha male ;) keep 'em comin' Eli <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my oh my Alex did not disappoint!!! That was hot! Alex can be such a hot hard ass! Thank you for thIs! These bonus scene are freaking fabulous and I didn't know that you could make me love you more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read more. I love that you're taking a scene I could only consider and bringing it to "life".

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was great!!! Thank you for it, I loved all of these and u can never get enough!!!! :). Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn it that was a tease!!! Now I'm going to go read it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so absorbed reading that I actually swiped my phone to keep reading the next scene!!! Omg it's was sooo good!! I'm thinking you should make every one of your books from a sub characters point of view! Hmm not to much work right!? Hahahaha well as long as you keep the bonus scenes comming! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooooo cool!!! I love The Moreno Brothers e 5th Street!!! You're the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved it!!!! I'm going to reread the book right now!!!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these alpha moreno boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was definitely too short. Pfff.. I want more. I need more. -.- One of my favorite pairings from this series! Absolutely looove these two! :)(a)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just started reading ABM for the third time today - lol and i am always dying to know how that conversation went. Perfect timing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was great! I love Alex, he's such an alpha! Can't wait for the next bonus scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. God I love it when he gets jealous. !!!! Loved that bonus scene cannot wait for the next one !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Alex!!! He is so fun! But then they all are!!! I loved this scene!!! I want more!!! Great Job Elizabeth, keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was great. I love all the Moreno Brothers. Can't wait to read more bonus scenes, the next book and more 5th street. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely LOVE Alex! I want an Alex of my own for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was absolutely fabulous. We all knew how Alex is and knew he couldnt stay away from Val but men are thick headed and need that push in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this series and I think it's so adorable when guys get jealous of their girls even if the girl is theirs yet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was so good. I can't wait to read more bonus scenes. Thanks for keeping the stories going :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVED IT!!!! Can't wait for the next bonus scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omg how I've missed my morenos So much, Alex and Valerie's story was so intense !! This scene tells me more of how it really was for Alex since he met her !! Oh I missed them so much please write more about them even Romero he is so hilarious !! Ty Eli for this bonus !! Your LoyAl fan -barbAra-

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was amazing! It was better than what I would have ever thought!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh! That was fun! Omg I love these damn Moreno brothers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think that it was an amazing coincidence that this bonus scene was finally put up on my birthday when I have been waiting to read it since there were only 72 reviews... I'm not sure how long it actually took to get to a hundred since then but it seems like an awfully long time!!! But isn't that how it always is when you got your heart set on something you want..Can't wait for the next bonus scene or a little teaser of Fate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad you all enjoyed and this makes me even more excited about the next bonus... I've already given a little hint about it somewhere. I'll make announcements soon enough! LOVE you guys and your ongoing enthusiasm! <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it!!! I could probably read a whole book of bonus scenes and be happy, but could you make the next one with Sarah and Angel...don't know why but I adore that sweet little couple. You have away of making it seem like the reader is right there watching the scene unfold. You truly are a gifted writer.

    ReplyDelete
  30. YES! Loved it, reason enough for me to read it again. NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Abrianna MarchesottiAugust 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM

    Love it! I love all the Morenos and love reading all the little bonus scenes the make me so happy and make me want to read the whole seris again. Cant wait to read another one

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loved this scene! Alex and Valerie are one of my favorite couple from the Moreno Series :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG! I will never not want more from this series. I love all of your books keep writing <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just reading this makes me want to read the whole series again. You know what i think i will. I Can't wait for your next book to come out. <3 your writing.
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Reading this reminds me how much I enjoy this series. Well, this means I will have to start at the beginning and read them all again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this! Makes me want to go back and re-read all the books! Cant wait for more bonus scenes! Please don't make us wait too long!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This was just the best bonus scene ever! And how awesome are you for taking the time to give us these bonus scenes?! I don't know what I would do without my weekly check-up on the Elizabeth Reyes blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love Alex, If I had to pick one of the brothers it would have to be him!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love all the Moreno series so I love that your giving bonus scenes. Whoo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love all the Moreno series so I love that your giving bonus scenes. Whoo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love all the Moreno series so I love that your giving bonus scenes. Whoo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Cute! It's nice to see from the very start of the relationship with Valerie Alex was already feeling over the top about her! Great scene! Hoping for many more of Alex and Valerie(my favorite Moreno brother, although its a very very close call)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Again I can't help but love Alex even more!!! I wouldn't have minded if he were my brother. Maybe he could have kept some of the creeps I dated away..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  45. I loved this! I hope the next one is about Sofia and Eric because I want to know what they were doing at the bowling alley for Angels birthday when the fight broke out

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love it!!! I love the series and I've been having withdawls ever since I finished reading all the books. Cant get enough of the Morenos! Can't wait for the next bonus scene:). Thank you for writing great books.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Doggone it Elizabeth! I have too much to do and yet you keep tempting me to go back and read the Moreno series over and over and over....to infinity and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love this series. Will you ever write more about them? Maybe how everythibg turns out for all of them.

    ReplyDelete